We are looking for a senior 3D character animator to lead an animation team in a AA game project. This character game animator will work with rigging, design and tech leads to establish combat and personalities for multiple characters, and lead a team of animation teams in planning, assigning and critiquing work to meet animation milestones. This seasoned game animator should be comfortable pushing assets from Maya to Unity, to review in engine and provide feedback to animators.
This is a remote position.
- Create animations of a benchmark quality for the animation team to use as examples of visual and technical quality.
- Prototype animation systems quickly to use as reference for discussions on gameplay and animation.
- Work with the project producer to plan the priorities and tasks for the animation.
- By consistently reviewing work in-engine, you may guide and provide other animators constructive criticism.
- Learn everything you can about the game’s design objectives in order to provide the greatest caliber animations on schedule and within budget.
- Participate actively in project management decisions and oversee the necessary changes to enable the animation team to accomplish its objectives.
- Provide guidance and best practices to the animation team.
Qualifications (must have):
- Fluid english. Written and spoken.
- Minimum of five years of experience in video games animation, with at least one project as the lead animator
- Background in Keyframe animation, knowledge on stylized animation
- Able to communicate effectively technical and artistic ideas
- Maya, Max, or Blender expert
- Organized, meticulous, and skilled in leading teams and projects with 20+ members
- A capable team leader with a deep sense of responsibility
- Motivated and able to prioritize several tasks and take them to completion
- Knowledge of game design and character movement
- Shipped at least one or more AAA game
- 3rd Person action or combat game dev experience
- Unity Animation experience
- Comfortable with hand keyed stylized animations
- Strong 3D modeling awareness to provide feedback to modeler and rigger
- Previous lead role on a shipped title
Qualifying candidates should expect to go through a technical interview process.
Timba Games offers competitive salaries, benefits, and a great culture. Qualified candidates irrespective of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions please let us know in email@example.com